slackware question

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sun Aug 3 15:33:56 EDT 2003

Well, Slack came out with 9.0 around the end of March if I remember
correctly.  Didn't 2.6 just come out at most a month ago?  Of course,
I don't know what Slackware's doing at this moment or whether they
might come out with an updated version for the newer kernel.  Isn't
2.6 still a "test" version of the kernel? I thought the version number
still had the word test in it.  I've seen that before at the beginning
of a new release.

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 01:51:58PM -0500, Gregory Nowak wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Does anybody know for sure if slackware 9.0 is linux 2.6.x ready, or
> are we going to have to wait for a slackware release with a 2.6.x
> kernel in it?
> Thanks.
>
> Greg

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html