slackware question

Justin Ekis j_ekis at adelphia.net
Sun Aug 3 08:13:07 EDT 2003

Yes, slackware 9.0 works fine with 2.6. In fact I'm running 2.6.0-test2-mm2
right now. There are just a couple things you need.
Most importantly, you need module-init-tools, which replaces the modutils
used in 2.4. Follow the instructions closely so you can keep your old
modutils too. You can get them from
www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/rusty/modules.
Secondly, I'm not sure if this is necessary but you may want to grab the new
procps package from the slackware-current tree. It's got a lower version
number, I guess it's a separate fork of procps that works better with 2.6.
It still works with 2.4 also.
A good read before starting is
www.codemonkey.org.uk/post-halloween-2.5.txt
hth.