text/html email question

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Aug 1 12:11:52 EDT 2003

I've had this working both for HTML messages and for Microsoft Word
files via wvware. I've not succeeded getting it to work on PDF yet, but
I've run into another issue that I have been meaning to ask about on the
list.

The other issue is simply this: I'm getting sick and tired of hearing
all those messages about how the mail is getting converted from whatever
to plain text. And, I'm getting tired of waiting for the conversion.
Usually, this isn't that big of a deal for a message or two, I suppose, but a few seconds
here and a few seconds there add up over a day with a couple hundred
emails in it.

It seems to me it would be really cool to do the conversion before the
mail is dropped into the inbox. I suppose the ideal would be to have
plain text mime'd above the originals, in case there was a need to do
something with the original format.

Has anyone else thought about how to do this? I suppose it would be a
job for procmail, or some such. But one would have to deal with mime,
too.

I suppose I'm not in a place to work on this very much just now, but I
do want to move on it little by little.