Speakout Users

Lorenzo Prince lorenzo at princenet.sytes.net
Wed Apr 30 18:14:24 EDT 2003

The Dectalk bug seems to be fixed.  I played around with it somewhat, and
unloaded and reloaded the dectalk module, and also unplugged the dectalk
from my system then plugged it in again.  I didn't have any problem with
the delay.  The only thing that kinda bugs me a little is that the pitch
is not initialized to the same value as the value in
/proc/speakup/caps_stop, but I can fix that simply by changing the pitch
value in the source code.

Lorenzo

I still maintain the point that designing a monolithic kernel in 1991 is a
fundamental error.  Be thankful you are not my student.  You would not get a
high grade for such a design :-)
	-- Andrew Tanenbaum to Linus Torvalds