mkisofs questions.

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Apr 30 08:53:40 EDT 2003

Actually, if you have working disks, why not just 'dd' them to an ISO
image on your drive and then use cdrecord to write them back.

dd if=/dev/cdrom of=disk.iso bs=1024k

This will copy an exact image of the CDROM; then just write the ISO
back to CD with cdrecord as pretty normal.  From what I've read so
far, making bootable CD's is a challenge at best when one doesn't know
quite what he is doing, like me:).