mkisofs questions.

Thomas D. Ward tward1978 at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 30 08:10:05 EDT 2003

Hi, list. I'm having some problems with mkisofs, and I was hoping someone
could answer them for me.
I've got a friend who is on dialup like me, but wants to try Linux. I'm
attempting to make Red Hat 9.0 iso images from my disks  with mkisofs
and am
ending up with
many iso images that don't work properly like the ones you download do.
For example my image for the disk 1 won't boot leaving me to believe I am
not correctly creating the portion of the iso dealing with bootible
options.
Another problem all the files and  directories with  capitals in them are
coming out lowercase really making me scratch my head.
Can anyone shed some light on what I am doing wrong and what I need to
pass to mkisofs to make a properly working iso image of the Linux cd set?
Many thanks.