the future of Linux (was Re: mlb.com)

Aaron Howell aaron at kitten.net.au
Sun Apr 27 19:15:57 EDT 2003

There's always a command line option.
You can always boot Linux in single user mode without X starting up at all, and hence no XP interface.
The point I was  trying to make though is that, given this operating system is geared towards a graphical interface,
there are better choices for blind people, not to say you can't make use of it if you really want to.
I'm sure you could still even patch its kernel with speakup if you were that way inclined, the source, is, of course, available.
Regards
Aaron