where did viavoice go?

Doug wearable at shawcable.com
Sat Apr 26 09:18:30 EDT 2003

Cris:

 > can you use via voice as a software synth with speakup?

The code for software synth is set up for festival, but
the developers say it is adaptable for any synthesizer.
I think the current answer is no, but the possibility
is there to make it work. I am going to investigate this
myself because I really like the viavoice voices. Some
changes will be required in the middleware program to
make it work with ViaVoice TTS I assume. If I am wrong,
someone please correct me. And please don't call me
irresponsible. I did a FAQ, I am testing stuff, I am
actually doing something useful.

   -- Doug