ADSL and linux

erik burggraaf erik at erik-burggraaf.com
Fri Apr 25 21:39:36 EDT 2003

Good evening list.
I have a toy linux box that I'm using to teach myself some basic linux consepts and such.  I have nearly decided to switch from cable to ADSL for a number of reasons.  When all of my machines connect to cable, both linux and windows contact my isps servers automaticly.  ADSL networks can be set up to do this, but they require a piece of software to be installed on the client machine.  I am sure this does not spell woe for linux users, but is there anything extra I'll need to connect to DSL?  Where would I look for software and docs?
Thanks,
Erik