CDROM ACCESS FROM A REDHAT USER ACCOUNT

Lorenzo Prince lorenzo at princenet.sytes.net
Tue Apr 22 22:29:09 EDT 2003

Try adding a line similar to the following to your /etc/fstab.  According
to the manpage, this should work.

/dev/cdrom  /cd  iso9660  ro,user,noauto,unhide

Note that something like this should work for floppy drives as
well.  The key is the user option.  Also, instead of user, you can
use the users option to allow all users to umount the drive, rather
than only the user who mounted it.

Lorenzo

Avoid the Gates of Hell.  Use Linux
	-- unknown source

Thomas D. Ward staggered into view and mumbled: