dectalk punctuation delay

Lorenzo Prince lorenzo at princenet.sytes.net
Mon Apr 21 16:46:35 EDT 2003

AAAAAAARG!!!!  I can't figure this out to save my life.  There seems to be
a bug somewhere, but I can't track it down.  I've looked at the source
code for the dectalk speakup driver, and it looks like the [:pe -300]
command is what gets rid of the punctuation delay.  However, it only works
the first time the computer is booted.  The same command is in the
reinitstring constant.  However, if used after the computer is booted,
dectalk takes the -380 as positive instead of negative.  I have tried it
also with the flush character, but to no avail.  Maybe someone can help me
figure out the problem.

Thsnks,
Lorenzo

Most people can't understand how others can blow their noses differently
than they do.
		-- Turgenev