redhat linux 9 and speakup

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Apr 17 10:15:47 EDT 2003

If you can boot from this drive, then you can install using telnet. You would use the same command, though I believe you don't specify 'dd' to indicate a second disk.
So, it should just be:

text telnet

and you're off to an installation.

Beware, though. I'm speculating about the steps and extrapolating from my experience with floppy boots. I would expect you will not get a prompt for a second
floppy--that wouldn't make sense. But, I do expect you'll get that screen where you need to tab once before pressing enter. I'm sorry, I didn't document what that
screen was. I had no sighted assistance around. I just guessed it might be something like that and tried it. Until that step, the box did not show up on my lan.