redhat linux 9 and speakup

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Apr 16 11:22:01 EDT 2003

This is basically correct, but there are some gotchyas. I will not claim to know them all, and maybe I'm wrong, maybe it's very straight forward with a
single disk.

I used two disks, perhaps because there's now a disk of network drivers separate from the boot floppy, and I didn't take the time to figure out whether
some net drivers were in the boot floppy.

Of course, there's no speech when you boot the first floppy, so these gotchya's are important.

At the first pause of disk spinning I typed:

text dd telnet

That says "I want a text installation," " I have a second driver disk I want to use," and "I want to install using telnet"

You could, of course, put this in the syslinux.cfg file using any editor, even m$ notepad.

The disk will spin for a long time. when it stoped, I put the second disk in. I press enter twice.

The second disk spins for awhile, and here's the gotchya:

tab once then press enter.

Now, you can go to the second machine, discover the dhcp address of the machine on which you're installing Linux, and telnet to it.