using speakup with festival or flite

Lorenzo Prince lorenzo at princenet.sytes.net
Wed Apr 16 01:32:31 EDT 2003

We used a package called Alien, which we COULD compile from source.  I
don't have the website, but it is the first page that comes up when you go
to www.google.com and type "alien package converter" in the search box.
This did a perfect conversion to Slackware tgz format.  And I agree with
you.  I like compiling from source rather than using binaries.  For one
thing, you always get the latest version, whereas the distro's binaries
are usually behind.  For another, you get to see the source code!  WOW!
Hope this helps.

Lorenzo

E Pluribus Unix

Doug Sutherland staggered into view and mumbled: