using speakup with festival or flite

Doug Sutherland wearable at shawcable.com
Tue Apr 15 17:50:11 EDT 2003

Lorenzo wrote:

 > I have a friend who also couldn't get it to compile
 > on a pIII 850MHZ.  Both machines were running slack8.1.
 > Neither one of us could get eflite to compile either.

Okay ... well then ... I was already losing my hair,
but at least this confirms that I'm not losing my mind
yet. I have tried that flite compile on several versions
of gcc on slack, it never works :(

 > We had to use the Debian packages for both programs
 > and use Alien to convert them to Slack packages to
 > install them.

Now that's annoying ... having to grab a binary from
another distribution. I like compiling from source for
all apps outside of slackware itself. Is there a util
to convert the .deb to .tgz or .tar?

   -- Doug