redHat advanced server 2.0 and speakup

Aaron Howell aaron at kitten.net.au
Tue Apr 15 23:18:14 EDT 2003

Actually, its based on RedHat 7.1,
and nothing is standard.
You can't just use a 7.1 kernel, because the RH advanced server kernel is *very* different.
Coupled with the fact that you can't actually give out the software to say, Kirk, for patching, your best bet might initially be sighted assistance, then a hand patched kernel (if you can even get it to patch).
That's going to be a fun one, I'd be interested in your success or otherwise because I have to face that beast at work here soon too.
Regards
Aaron