redHat advanced server 2.0 and speakup

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Apr 15 22:23:33 EDT 2003

Easiest way is probably to get an already patched kernel. "Advanced Server" will be based on one of the standard RH packagings, but I don't recall which one. If it's
7.3, you'd grab the latest kernel for 7.3, for example.

Kernels for 7.3 and 8.0 are still available on the Speakup Modified page via anonymous ftp to www.linux-speakup.org. Once logged in, cd pub/speakup/disks/redhat and
take it from there.

Else, you would grab the kernel-source, patch with the latest stable Speakup 1.5 and compile. The rpm route above is much quicker and certainly easier if you've not
compiled a kernel before.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development