software synthesis

Doug Sutherland wearable at shawcable.com
Tue Apr 15 08:36:44 EDT 2003

William wrote:

 > What software synthesizers are being used with speakup?

Festival is working. I will repost the exact procedure
I used to install festival (and speech tools), speakup,
and the speakup modifications for software synth. It
uses a middleware program to send the console output
to a running festival server. I have to send it in 3
separate messages because there is a 5k limit on the
message size.

These instructions say to the CVS source for speakup.
That seems to work right now, but they are saying to
use the 1.5 release for future. So these instructions
(next 3 messages) seem to work at this point in time,
I will change them to refer to speakup 1.5 rather than
CVS as soon as I test that. If there are errors in the
instructions, please let me know.

   -- Doug