using speakup with festival or flite

Doug Sutherland wearable at shawcable.com
Tue Apr 15 05:59:16 EDT 2003

I have speakup working with Festival, I compile festival
from source and then installed speakup with the mods for
software synthesizer (had to compile a new kernel).

I tried compiling Flite yesterday and the compile failed
(on slackware 9). I have never succeeded in compiling
Flite on slackware. I try it every time a new release
of slack comes out. Has anyone suceeded in compiling
Flite on slackware 9? Also, has anyone tried to get the
speakup mods for software synth working with Flite or
ViaVoice TTS?

   -- Doug