speakup news

Doug Sutherland wearable at shawcable.com
Tue Apr 15 05:42:49 EDT 2003

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for the history ... well this is very inetersting because
Kirk recentkly said don't use the tarball and that the install
script wasn't supported. Also, the docs for installing the mods
for software synth indicate to use the CVS source code. So there
has been a bit of confusion, for me at least. Now it's clear. I
am going to try out the 1.5 speakup from the tarball and apply
the mods for software synth from that source.

I think it's generally a good idea to have a 'stable' release
anyways, and not have people using CVS code unless they are
developing speakup ... that's what most projects do ...

   -- Doug