speakup and emacspeak

Christopher Moore christopher.h.moore at verizon.net
Sat Apr 12 11:42:59 EDT 2003

Doug,
Results seems to vary by soundcard.  I was able to get viavoice running
with sblive using the native kernel supplied driver. It probably has
something to do with how Viavoice is implementing the OOSS interface.  I've
had no problems with any other OSS apps under alsa.  So for my
configuration Viavoice isa dead-end.

Chris