speakup and emacspeak

Doug Sutherland wearable at shawcable.com
Sat Apr 12 03:57:28 EDT 2003

It worked on an ESS Solo 1 and Crystal Sound Fusion.
I have another machine with MediaGX, I will try it
on that to see if it works.

Did you load all of the OSS modules? For me they did
not load automatically, I had to add them in my init
scripts (snd-pcm-oss, snd-mixer-oss, snd-seq-oss).
For me, with those drivers loaded, I can run both
native ALSA apps and regular OSS apps. Linux uses
the OSS standard for its native audio driver.

I was even able to get two ESS Solo 1 sound cards
working in the same machone with ALSA and OSS.

   -- Doug