This sucks! OCR in Linux

Kenny Hitt kennyhitt at knology.net
Sat Apr 12 09:58:55 EDT 2003

Hi.  Are you offering to do it?  One of the important differences
between Windows and Linux is that something only gets into Linux when someone
decides to write it.  Several people have said they want OCR in Linux
but none of us have wanted it enough to write something or improve on
an existing program.

Please don't misunderstand, I've been using Linux for over 2 years and I
haven't tried to solve the problem either.  In my case, I wouldn't use
OCR often enough to make it a priority.  Of course if someone creates a
good OCR program in Linux, I'll use it.

          Kenny