speakup and emacspeak

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Fri Apr 11 20:11:13 EDT 2003

I never tried this since I don't own a serial synthesizer.  I recall
somebody on this list got Emacspeak to run with their Dectalk Express by
running setserial to enable their serial port which Speakup snatches at
boot time and masks from the kernel.  Of course, you'd want to make sure
you had Speakup completely shut down with a printscreen, or it could
result in a huge mess.  I'd probably go with the software solution just
because it's safer, but if you really want the Dectalk Express to work,
and aren't afraid to experiment, give it a shot.