speakup and emacspeak

Thomas D. Ward tward1978 at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 11 19:14:32 EDT 2003

Well, Viavoice is a bit of a catch 22. IBM is no longer maintaining
viavoice, and  as I understand it people are not really allowed to
redistribute it any more. So end result is it has dried up on the net.
In all honesty since Outloud is not being maintained any more it's rapidly
get out of date, and harder and harder to run on newer Linux systems. It is
problably better to build something like flite with 16k voices, and stick
with that.