Problems Patching for Festival Mods

Doug wearable at shawcable.com
Thu Apr 10 07:18:24 EDT 2003

Hi Owen,

 > in order to get everything to work correctly you SHOULD NOT
 > be in the speakup directory when untaring the tar.gz file we
 > provided

Yes, I figured that out, as I mentioned in a subsequent message.
Thanks for the reply.

I have another question: it seems that Flite (festival lite) is
running on StrongArm processors. They have a distribution that
is set up for iPAQ ... now I wonder ... do you think it might
be possible to run speakup on StrongArm and tweak these mods
to make it use Flite? Then the same could be done on a PDA.
Now that would be cool ...

   -- Doug