Problems Patching for Festival Mods

Doug Sutherland wearable at shawcable.com
Wed Apr 9 17:42:30 EDT 2003

Okay I got the speakup patches to work ...
But I have a suggestion to change the docs ...

The docs for speakup say copy the distribution
tarball to /usr/src, extract, cd to the speakup
dir, and run ./install.

That doesn't work! The install script says this:
cp -R speakup /usr/src/linux/drivers/char

But I am IN the speakup directory. How this can
work from there I can't imagine. That install
script should say cp /usr/src/speakup ... or
if I copy the install script to /usr/src it
works. It doesn't work if I follow the docs.

   -- Doug