Linux distros (was Re: RH9 disks on the net.)

Luke Davis ldavis at shellworld.net
Thu Apr 10 00:20:26 EDT 2003

If that's going to happen, a "speakup=no" option is probably needed, to
prevent its loading in a precompiled kernel.  In fact, it should probably
the default, with a make config item to make "yes" the default, if that is
really intended.  Then it enters standard driver land, and doesn't get in
the way.