RH9 disks on the net.

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Apr 9 17:21:38 EDT 2003

I don't know where ghettos play into this but Slackware does have
several kernels for unique configurations.  Case in point: separate
kernels for SCSI, several less common hardware configurations and yes,
speakup!.  At least one can then use a main stream distro to boot
linux though he will probably eventually recompile a kernel for
specific needs anyway and speakup would certainly be included at that
time.  Slackware doesn't use a "on size fits all" kernel.  I don't
know if other distros do it though.