The second festival patch not working

Owen Patrick Smith ender3rd at WPI.EDU
Mon Apr 7 18:43:46 EDT 2003

It seems as though you've got everything set up correctly.  I'm kinda busy
right not with other classes but are you running the middleware program in
the backgraound?  If not the program will never exit so you'll never get a
command prompt again.  I think that using speakup_synth=usrdev will work
but I haven't tested it yet, I'll try to do that soon.  If compiling it
with usrdev as default works let me know.  The only thing besides not
running it in the background is if you are trying to use xterms then
speakup can't read from them which would cause the speakup never to
generate data for us to read.  If I think of anything else that might
cause it I'll let you know.

Owen