unable to boot system! Why?

Kenny Hitt kennyhitt at knology.net
Mon Apr 7 08:46:51 EDT 2003

Hi.  No, base-files is a package.  Try downloading the base system and
untaring it into an empty directory.  I'm not sure if base-files is all
that's included in the base system tar ball.  If the-files package is
all that's in a base system tar ball, you can try installing it with

dpkg -i base-files*.deb

This command assumes you are in the same directory as the base-files
package.

          Kenny