mpg321 and slackware 9.0

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Sun Apr 6 17:04:30 EDT 2003

Mpg321 is an attempt to write a free replacement to mpg123, because mpg123
wasn't under the GPL.  Unfortunately, it lacks some features, most
notably, the keyboard control.  There is also madplay which can also play
MP3 files, and does have keyboard control.  It is installed with the Mad
library, which is probably already installed since it's required by
mpg321.  The old mpg123 is in the Extra directory of the Slackware 9.0 FTP
site.  It was completely removed from 8.1, but I think, was put back by
popular demand.  I'd say either look at madplay, or put the old mpg123
back.