installing Slackware 9.0 on a laptop

Jacob Schmude jacobs at surferie.net
Sat Apr 5 05:17:59 EST 2003

Hi
If your laptop has an fn key (most new ones do) you use this in
combination with the right half of the qwerty keyboard. It acts as a
numpad and is indistinguishable from one to speakup. No special keymaps
are required. The fn key is usually located to the right of the left
control key. fn+M is the 0 key, fm+. is the period key. Moving upward the
layout is logical--it's layed out exactly as a computer numpad would be,
normally. There may be some differences from laptop to laptop, however.