blazer still doesn't work

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Thu Apr 3 17:17:11 EST 2003

When you try to cat a file to /dev/lp0, does the prompt return, or does it
sit there until you hit control-C?  Why the Blazer works in DOS/Windows
and not Linux is a complete mystery.  As for the kernel, I would think
that parallel port support and printing support would be all that is
required.  I usually add EEE1284 status support, but I don't think that's
strictly necessary.  Is the computer you have the Blazer on dual boot?  Or
does it just have Linux?  From what you've posted, I get the idea that
it's just the laptop that has Windows on it.