blazer still doesn't work

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Wed Apr 2 18:21:24 EST 2003

You might also want to use lpq to list the jobs and lprm to clean them
out.  When you invoke lpr, it will usually hold a job in its queue forever
until either a printer is ready for it or you remove it.  If you suddenly
get the Blazer working and don't clean up the queue, you will likely have
tons of jobs go through at once.  Here's another test to try.  Connect the
Blazer to a Windows machine and go into a DOS prompt (or command prompt
depending on the version of Windows.)  Then do something like "type
file.brl > lpt1" and see if anything happens.  This is the DOS/Windows
equivalent of "cat file.brl >/dev/lp0."  You would, of course, replace
"file.brl" with a filename of an actual file you wanted to send to the
embosser.  If this test fails, then it is likely that Duxbery is sending
some magic sequence to wake up the embosser, and you would need to find
out what that magic sequence is or somehow find a way around that.  I wish
I could be of more help, but I am at a loss for other ideas.  I just
realized that if you are using Windows NT, 2000, or XP, you might need
administrative rights for the above test.  Of course, a true DOS machine
would work, but they are getting kind of rare.