blazer still doesn't work

igueths at attbi.com igueths at attbi.com
Wed Apr 2 07:17:09 EST 2003

Hi Greg. If you could do that that would be great! Well in terms of messing up
the settings for the ink printer, that really isn't possible, since you are not
modifying any of the print queue settings in /etc/printcap. Throughout all my
testing I have not modified printcap in any way. And in terms of how I print to
the ink printer, I use lpr -Pqueue1 filename. Queue1 is the name of my print
queue. I have an hp400 printer and am using magicfilter as its filter. Note the
above procedure works just fine. However, when I try lpr filename to the
embosser, I get put back into a shell prompt. No messages to stdout, absolutely
nothing. I have made sure everything is owrking hardware wise by even switching
the cables around on my parallel switch, just to make sure none of the ports on
that are bad. And it appears that all the parports on the switch appear to be
working. One thing I did not do is check syslog for any messages related to the
lpr command issued to the embosser. Perhaps I should check on that?