slackware vs redhat

Sunfire rusty_81 at msn.com
Fri Sep 27 02:58:26 EDT 2002

hi...
i was wondering... i was told by someone that didnt claim to know that much
about unix/linux that i "needed" to change my server over from redhat to
slackware... so instead of updating to redhat8.0 he wants me to update to
slackware 8.1.  he said to do that because of the reasons i will list..(not
all of them because it would be a very bad flame on redhat).
1. redhat is out of date
2. redhat takes too many resources and is slower by over 50%
3. doesnt take as much disk space and is easier to install.
4. redhat updates every few months or so......

i think i will end now after that it gets into too many flames if it hasn't
already...sorry if i posted stuff like that but i need to know somehow to
weigh this out..because i cant afford to "try it" on both systems to find
out for myself... it gets too expensive...

tnx