remotely accessing using speakup-based linuxfreebsd

Edward L. Barnes ebarnes at enigma2.cjb.net
Thu Sep 26 21:16:16 EDT 2002

Hi there, it is very possible to do what you proposed below using your
flavour of linux and speakup and I find that the speech output is more
high quality and you don't get as much unnecessary info as you get when
using putty or similar progs under winblows with a windows screen reader
with text set to all or whatever.
Not sure if you could do it with zipspeak because I don't know if it
installs ssh-related packages as I';ve never installed it over here. Hth
and good luck. Ed