Alsa problem

Scott Howell showell at lrxms.net
Mon Sep 23 19:03:16 EDT 2002

Folks,

I'm using alsa driver 0.9.0beta12 and ran into a nasty problem.

I don't know what happen to my freeamp, but it got broke in soe manner. I
see its not available for Debian or at least not for sid. So being really
daring I decided to try the some zinf thing it suggested.
I installed that the extras and the alsa-plugin. Now I got this from
running alsactl restore

alsactl: set_control:638: control.1.iface is invalid

and I'm not so sure what this means. I imagine something like a library
installed with the zinf thing broke something. I tried removing all zinf
stuff and recompiling the driver, but this seems to have had no affect.
So before I hose anything else, anyone know what that error might mean
and what I might do to correct it?
I'd rather try not making the matter worse so any advice appreciated.

tia
Scott