Why I choose Linux, was Re: NFB Net goes linux!

Bear in SFO BearSFO at PacBell.NET
Sun Sep 22 00:48:41 EDT 2002

Why I chose Linux:  I can never get JAWS to read me ANYTHING in X-Windows
or the DOS command prompt when it is run inside MS Windows.  All my sighted
co-workers use X to run admin tools on their UNIX boxes, so I run
Speakup.  It's quicker, I am more 'in control' of what I am doing, and the
most important of all, I CAN DO THE JOB I CAN'T DO IN MICRO$OFT WINDOWS!!!

--David