NFB Net goes linux!

Darrell Shandrow nu7i at azboss.net
Sat Sep 21 17:37:13 EDT 2002

Hi Ann,

Keep in mind that Linux is actually not appropriate for most users,
especially the command-line interface.  Most people want their technology to
be simple to operate.  They're not interested in how the computer works or
anything of that sort.  They just want to use it to get work done!  For
those non-technical users, Linux is typically inappropriate at this stage;
that is changing, but these are the facts at this time.  And, this is coming
from a Linux sys admin with 2 Linux boxes at home and administrative
responsibility for numerous FreeBSD and Linux boxes at work.

See, where I work, system admins also handle sales and technical support, so
I am made aware of the non-technical nature of most people who use a
computer on a daily basis.

Thanks.