Gnome, gnopernicus, and X-Windows questions

Thomas Ward slingshooter at valkyrie.net
Wed Sep 18 17:09:39 EDT 2002

Hi, Monty. My recommendation at this point is to wait for the public beta or
the 1.0 release. Unless you are doing documentation, bug tracking, or
development there is no use in going through all that work building and
installing it.
There are many parts still broken or not developed yet, and the gnopernicus
project is moving to a new API with the start of Gnome 2.1 in cvs. Which
means many libraries will be broken, etc, and it is a big hastle.
My recommendation for everyone on the list is just hold on to your hat, and
wait for the final release. That way the bugs will be fixed, the libraries
will be in sink, and distributions such as Red Hat have already said they
will pick up the software and bundle it in there distribution as soon as it
is ready for them to do so.