ext3 compile errors

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Mon Sep 16 21:27:52 EDT 2002

Hi all. I'm trying to rebuild a kernel on a friend's machine. He runs
Slackware 8.0 and is using Ext3 as the native filesystem. He has
gcc-2.95.3 currently, however I'm thinking of building 3.2 on the machine.
The problem is that at ocmpile time, I eventually get errors in valloc.c
during make bzImage. I tried including CONFIG_JBD in .config, however this
hasn't resolved it. He could also be missing some libraries, however
whether he is or isn't I haven't been able to determine this. Has anyone
experienced compile errors when rebuilding 2.4.18 in the ext3 driver?
Thanks!

microsoft dialogue
   This company has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
   If the problem persists, delete winblows and install linux
   close button