Re; automatic partitioning in redhat

Thomas D. Ward slingshooter at valkyrie.net
Mon Sep 16 20:53:24 EDT 2002

Hi. I recall somewhere hearing that it was possible to automatically
partition the drive, and keep Windows. I blieve you have to tell Red Hat
to keep existing partitions, and not to format them.

I'm not sure, because I always manually do the job, and don't really like
the way Red Hat partitions the drive. I'd rather have /home an/var
separate from the rest of the / partition. The reason is that you can
later tell Red Hat not to format those partitions in a reinstall and not
loose your mail, www stuff, and mp3 files, and what ever you have in /home
and /var.