(rant) why microsoft is not easy to use

Jason Symes jsymes at netins.net
Sun Sep 15 13:34:40 EDT 2002

Well, fortunately I have some people in the student services department
that'll put some wait on the business department to force them to do it
reluctantly. Yeah, I'm in the U.s>, and I've already had to do what you
describe with lawyers for my high school so if the college gives me much
more grief, I'll do it to them too.
Wow! Do you know when that's gonna be released? Until I get dsl, I'm
crawling along on dialup, and the 3 required isos are taking soooooo long
I'll be old and gray by the time they're done downloading and I can get
them burned.
At 11:11 AM 9/15/02 -0400, you wrote:

>Jason Symes writes: > > ... my college has extremely > strict rules on
what's installed on their lab computers. I won't
>mention how > hard it was to get a windows screen reader installed, and I
wonder what > teeth I'll have to pull to get
>the modified redhat installed. > Are you in the U.S.? Then you have a
legal right to such accomodations as are required
>for your education. My advice is that you shouldn't waste time advocating
this for yourself all over again. Just get a
>good lawyer to send a letter on letterhead to the college president,
academic dean, disabled students office, and
>department chair.  that will get you quicker action and you'll have more
time for learning.

>Second point. Cross you fingers. If things stay on track, the next release
of stock Red Hat will come with Speakup, so