(rant) why microsoft is not easy to use

Jason Symes jsymes at netins.net
Sun Sep 15 05:24:45 EDT 2002

Oh yes, I'm well aware of both os's place. Did I mention before I'm
studying to be a network administrator in college? This year we work win 2k
and some xp, next year we use redhat. This is part of the reason why I
joined this list and am downloading the redhat isos, I want to get some
experience before I'm thrust into using something I'm not used to. Besides,
when I heard about speakup from a person on a different list, it caught my
attention, since I'm always looking for a better, more stable computing
experience. I understand linux has a better tcp/ip stack than windows, is
that true? Who knows, maybe I'll get better performance out of my 56k modem
and won't need to upgrade to dsl after all. And I'd imagine my sound card
won't be as fisty in linux as in windows.

Jason Symes
kids in the backseat can cause accidents, but accidents in the back seat
can cause kids
The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return. It's the
zero adjust on his bathroom scale. (Arthur C. Clarke)
if you stand for nothing you're liable to fall for anything.
If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any at all!
Just trying to plug away!