(rant) why microsoft is not easy to use

Jason Symes jsymes at netins.net
Sun Sep 15 05:05:35 EDT 2002

Interesting. With all the vitrial I've seen from this list and other people
that use linux towards windows, I'm surprised a linux distro would be
designed to mimic the windows xp gui. That would be a good deal for those
sighties not comfortable to switching to something really unfamiliar to
them, yet still getting the stability of linux.

http://www.lycoris.com and get a copy on cd).
>You'll probably need sighted help to get it up and running, but once its
up you can of course use it like any other linux distribution via speakup
on the console.
>The beauty of this one is for all intents and purposes your sighted folk
will think its Windows XP.
>The GUI is actually KDE 2.2.2 (3.0 in the next release i believe) but its
been heavily customized to resemble XP in look and feel.
>Coupled with a copy of Crossover office and MS Office 2k, I've almost
convinced my Fiance that linux is the way to go.
>(and she's about as diehard windows as they come).
>(btw I have no affiliation with Lycoris at all, its just that someone
demoed it to us at work and it really does look awesome).
>Regards
>Aaron

Jason Symes
kids in the backseat can cause accidents, but accidents in the back seat
can cause kids
The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return. It's the
zero adjust on his bathroom scale. (Arthur C. Clarke)
if you stand for nothing you're liable to fall for anything.
If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any at all!
Just trying to plug away!