Linux rules, Windows sucks!

MaTt mvandewalle at neb.rr.com
Sun Sep 15 00:24:12 EDT 2002

i hate the fact that, and I don't know how many times I've fought with this
stupid issue, switching between the nic for linux and having the usb
connection for the cable modem, basically, i don't know why it's content for
now because when i didn't have the driver for the network card, in trying to
install the cable stuff, I first was told it didnt support a nic
installation because well, I of course have a usb connection and/or it
complained because i should put the nic in since ..blah blah blah, anyway, i
put the card in, it didnt find drivers of course, so i took the nic back
out, it complained again..on and on, so finally after everything was
installed, i took the card out and it works fine..windows is wacko to say
the least!!! and i thought i'd have to fight it again now that i have the
nic in for linux and not windows drivers for it, but, when the box for new
hardware comes up, I hit cancel and i am quite surprised it doesn't come up
every 20 seconds like it famously does if u cancel that.  oh well, another
thing, and I know this isn't spreading via my email, that i know of but
how do i get rid of a virus that, when i try to install norton wich it wants
me to install, or run the program from cd "if you want to check for
viruses", well i basically cant do that because it closes that window and
wont even let me pick that choice, but yet, it wont install it cuz it says
it found one.  so, basically is there a way to do this?or am i stuck with
this until i either reinstall or else use linux?  Its frustrating when u
possibly have a virus that u know wont spread in email, but you cant get rid
of it.  I just hope i didn't send everyone on the list into a panic
matt