partitioning hd

Jason Symes jsymes at netins.net
Thu Sep 12 02:40:27 EDT 2002

Ok, so how big should I make the root partition then?
At 10:59 PM 9/11/02 -0700, you wrote:

>If it were me, I would go with a single linux partition and a single
>partitition for swap and let the distribution's setup procedures guide
>you along the path of setting up your basic file systems.  With that
>much memory, I wouldn't think you would need any more than 512 meg of
>swap but that's just my own view.  a whole gig for swap seems awful
>high to me.

Jason Symes
kids in the backseat can cause accidents, but accidents in the back seat
can cause kids
The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return. It's the
zero adjust on his bathroom scale. (Arthur C. Clarke)
if you stand for nothing you're liable to fall for anything.
If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any at all!
Just trying to plug away!