partitioning hd

Jason Symes jsymes at netins.net
Thu Sep 12 01:51:53 EDT 2002

Well, I only want to allow 1 user on at a time (for now this is primarily a
desktop system). I've got about 15gb free on my hd for redhat, a 1ghz
processor, 512mb ram. Being that I'm a newcomer to linux, I don't want this
to be too complex, though I wanna have some flexability. What would you
recommend in my case?
Thanks.

At 07:38 PM 9/11/02 -0700, you wrote:

>That also depends on how many users/ttys you want to have running at any
>one time, how big your hard drive is, how fast your processors and so
>on.  On the box I am running I have dual 450MHZ processors, 1G of RAM and a
>swap file of 1.5G, and I am the only one using it.  What do I use it
>for?  Telnet to other hosts and run admin tools on them...
>
>--David

Jason Symes
kids in the backseat can cause accidents, but accidents in the back seat
can cause kids
The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return. It's the
zero adjust on his bathroom scale. (Arthur C. Clarke)
if you stand for nothing you're liable to fall for anything.
If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any at all!
Just trying to plug away!